We know that having a well-organized closet saves stress in the morning, but what items do you need to go about putting everything in order? For every client closet, there are 5 items I always recommend for a well organized closet!
5 Items Every Organized Closet Needs
- Felt Hangers. I know I’ve said it a ton of times before, but staying consistent with your felt hangers will really make a difference overtime!
Always keep a stock of hangers somewhere in your closet (could be in a bin or hanging up), so that when a new item comes in or something comes back from the cleaners, you can put it on a fresh hanger!
- Shoe Racks and Storage. Don’t hide those beautiful booties in a box – you’ll never remember to wear them! Display and store you most worn shoes on a nice shoe rack so they’re always ready when you need them!
- Letter Sorters. Because, hello, clutches! Aren’t those lil’ guys a pain to organize? My favorite solution to this problem is a couple of letter sorters. You can line your clutches up in a nice row, and stick the larger ones on the side.
- Trays and Stands. One of my golden rules – you’ll use it so much more if you can see it! This is great to think about for smaller items like jewelry and accessories.
If you have some counter space, I love using unexpected items to sort jewelry- cake stands, tea cups, saucers, etc. Keeping all these items in the same color palette or style theme keeps the area looking pretty rather than cluttered. If you like a simple and chic look- I love white acrylic strays! You can use them for sunglasses, wallets, or put small dishes in them for jewelry.
- Baskets. These are a lifesaver when it comes to storing scarves. I prefer to roll scarves and stack them on a shelf or stick them in a basket (rolled ends facing up) so you can see all of them at once!
What are some of your go-to closet organization items? I’d love to know!